1.1
Style and Design

Below is the email I sent to Belfort regarding our recent experiences there.

I just wanted to express my frustration with your store and with the embarrassingly poor customer service your associates provided. I wasted time, money, and energy at your store and my experience ended in Belfort associates attempting to humiliate me and my husband. Michael, this has been the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. At any point during this entire ordeal you could have called us and told us what was going on. You never bothered. I have told my friends and thousands of online followers: "Do not waste your time or your money!"

We bought a leather couch and your company delivered an ugly microfiber one. Wrong color, wrong style, wrong everything. You, Michael, avoided our calls multiple times and did not make it right. Then when you finally talked to us you said it would be delivered in four weeks. No one at the store informed us the couch was sold out or discontinued.

Today my husband called to set up a time to come to your store and work this out. Michael Smider, who originally sold us the couch, said he would be there until 5 and when my husband showed up at 4:15 he was gone for a "family emergency." Yeah. The emergency that happened when you realized you sold us a couch you didn't have, then sent another (crappier) one without letting us know, then passed us on to your coworkers to verbally abuse.

After hearing about your "family emergency" my husband had to speak to customer service on the phone because no one in your store is actually a customer service representative (not surprising). There were two comparable couches: one wouldn't be here until late January. The other would cost us $75 more and the sales associate refused to honor the original price for Belfort's mistake and our hassle.

I also would like to recognize Denise Shafer as the absolute rudest customer service representative I have ever spoken to. She poor-shamed me and my husband because we could not afford to spend $1000 more for something in the "showroom" even if it was at 10% off. She tried to make it seem like we should be thankful because, and I quote, "well at least you weren't sitting on the floor. It's not my fault you can't afford a better couch than the one that was on clearance and discontinued." To put the icing on the cake, when my husband asked for it in writing that we would receive our refund the other man who was "helping" said "well someone just shoot me in the head!" To be fair, I would hate my life too if I had to work for Denise.

I am disappointed because we bought a different couch at your store a year ago and loved the experience. We told all of our friends that Belfort has great service and prices. And that's why we went back to your store. What a mistake! I have since told all of those friends to avoid Belfort at all costs.

Belfort supposedly refunded us our money and we will never spend a dime there ever again. If that money isn't back in my bank account on Monday, I will call my bank and report the $225 we put down on this couch as a fraudulent charge.

As I mentioned, I have posted my experience to social media. The couch is supposed to be picked up next Saturday. If there are any further shenanigans with you or your company I will be sure and update all of my postings and all of my friends and family.

Bottom line: my husband walked in there today looking to get this problem solved, but you refused to solve it by not showing up. Then the people in the store were only willing to resolve the problem if it cost us even more money.

Pleased to never shop at your store again,

Caroline Marks

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of reclining leather sofa from Belfort Furniture and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Belfort Furniture to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Belfort Furniture for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Belfort Furniture?

Comments

Laurel, Maryland, United States #1333634

I worked there years ago and can tell you it was the worse place to work.Management's bottom line is to get the money no matter what you have to say or do.

if you steal a client from a co-worker they are to blame for allowing it. They made us hawk the customer's to the point of uncomfortability for the consumer and the associate. Top sellers (stealers) often lie and never due customer follow-up while everyone else has to cover for them.

The owners are ruthless how they treat their customers and staff.I am so glad I no longer work there.