Below is the email I sent to Belfort regarding our recent experiences there.
I just wanted to express my frustration with your store and with the embarrassingly poor customer service your associates provided. I wasted time, money, and energy at your store and my experience ended in Belfort associates attempting to humiliate me and my husband. Michael, this has been the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. At any point during this entire ordeal you could have called us and told us what was going on. You never bothered. I have told my friends and thousands of online followers: "Do not waste your time or your money!"
We bought a leather couch and your company delivered an ugly microfiber one. Wrong color, wrong style, wrong everything. You, Michael, avoided our calls multiple times and did not make it right. Then when you finally talked to us you said it would be delivered in four weeks. No one at the store informed us the couch was sold out or discontinued.
Today my husband called to set up a time to come to your store and work this out. Michael Smider, who originally sold us the couch, said he would be there until 5 and when my husband showed up at 4:15 he was gone for a "family emergency." Yeah. The emergency that happened when you realized you sold us a couch you didn't have, then sent another (crappier) one without letting us know, then passed us on to your coworkers to verbally abuse.
After hearing about your "family emergency" my husband had to speak to customer service on the phone because no one in your store is actually a customer service representative (not surprising). There were two comparable couches: one wouldn't be here until late January. The other would cost us $75 more and the sales associate refused to honor the original price for Belfort's mistake and our hassle.
I also would like to recognize Denise Shafer as the absolute rudest customer service representative I have ever spoken to. She poor-shamed me and my husband because we could not afford to spend $1000 more for something in the "showroom" even if it was at 10% off. She tried to make it seem like we should be thankful because, and I quote, "well at least you weren't sitting on the floor. It's not my fault you can't afford a better couch than the one that was on clearance and discontinued." To put the icing on the cake, when my husband asked for it in writing that we would receive our refund the other man who was "helping" said "well someone just shoot me in the head!" To be fair, I would hate my life too if I had to work for Denise.
I am disappointed because we bought a different couch at your store a year ago and loved the experience. We told all of our friends that Belfort has great service and prices. And that's why we went back to your store. What a mistake! I have since told all of those friends to avoid Belfort at all costs.
Belfort supposedly refunded us our money and we will never spend a dime there ever again. If that money isn't back in my bank account on Monday, I will call my bank and report the $225 we put down on this couch as a fraudulent charge.
As I mentioned, I have posted my experience to social media. The couch is supposed to be picked up next Saturday. If there are any further shenanigans with you or your company I will be sure and update all of my postings and all of my friends and family.
Bottom line: my husband walked in there today looking to get this problem solved, but you refused to solve it by not showing up. Then the people in the store were only willing to resolve the problem if it cost us even more money.
Pleased to never shop at your store again,
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Style and Design|
|Value for money|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Reclining Leather Sofa
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "My husband and I purchased a sectional from Ashley and as the others have stated, the Durablend started peeling. The salesperson had also told us that Durablend was more durable..."
- "I called to cancel my service May 28 2014. I was told I had to send a letter. I submitted said letter but they continue to remove the funds from..."
- "Im on my 9th and final call. I ordered a 90.00 gourmet basket from this company for my father for Fathers Day. To this very day I have yet to..."
- "When I had bought the house a couple months ago I noticed that water was overshooting the gutters. At that time Gutter Helmet was already on the house. I had..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "I signed with Verizon because of their reputation and their service. Then I was abruptly shoved over to Frontier, who doesn't give me the 75/75 internet service and I have..."